tisdag 1 mars 2016

I'm finally here

Hello! Yesterday, I arrived to my hotel in Negril. The flight took about 18 hours. It was a pretty long drive from the airport too, but now I'm finally here. Negril is so beautiful. The beach here in West End is 7 miles long and it has been rated as one of the top ten beaches in the world. It's just as I imagined a tropical island to be.

I've noticed that a lot of people here has dread locks. It is like a symbol for the Rastafari Movement. Rastafari is a religion that points out the africans as "God's people". Its's important for rastafaris to spread the message about anti-racism. The rastafaris smoke marijuana as a "holy act" which I've seen on the streets. Another thing I've noticed while walking down the streets is the food. You can smell the spices of the Jamaican food. It smells so good and I can't wait to try it.


My hotel is called The Caves Hotel and WOW, it's so beautiful. It's an all-inclusive resort that is located in West End, on the limestone cliffs. They say it's a "tradition" to take an early morning jump from the cliffs, so I am definitely doing that tomorrow morning. It has a private cave dining, a bar, a seaview spa, a jacuzzi and a salt-water swimming pool. It feels like a tropical castle!

I live in a one-bedroom cottage. It is very beautiful and different. It has air conditioning and internet, a kitchen, laundry room, a mini-bar and a private pool! It feels very "Jamaican-style".
I look forward to staying here for a week! Here's some pictures of the hotel:









Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar